Angela Boisselle, PhD
I am a mom of 2 beautiful kids, daughter of a terrific mom, and have the coolest sisters, family and friends on the planet. I am also a pediatric occupational therapist, assistive technologist and researcher. I received a PhD in Occupational Therapy from Texas Woman’s University.
Why Filtered Perception?
Filters in the world of photography are ways to apply effects to a photography. They can be fairly simple or quite complex. Humans see life through their own, very personal filter. Perception is the act of apprehending by means of the senses or of the mind; cognition; understanding.
This blog is life through my filter during my constant pursuit of understanding innovation, design and occupation found in the world in which we live.
I love technology, social media and creativity. I spend a lot of time exploring new and different ways to do things both in my professional and personal life.
- I believe the world is changing at a dizzying speed and we must embrace progress as a mechanism of survival.
- By professional, I use assistive technology to help improve the lives of children with special needs. I prefer products for children that are easily modifiable, practical, innovative and help the child participate in their lives.
- For me, social media is a great avenue to connect, create and expand knowledge. I have met many wonderful people all over the world that have enriched my life greatly. I firmly believe this would not be possible without social media.
- Creative outlets are my saving grace in a very hectic life, so much that it was the theme of my dissertation. Educators now have a greater responsibility to keep learning innovative and motivating for the learner of today by providing creative methods of instruction.
My passion for design is multi-faceted and possibly obsessive.
- I love photography, art, typography, interior design, architecture and on and on and on…. I am by no means an artist, but I choose to continue to create despite myself. I fell in love with photography in junior high when asked to be on the yearbook staff. It was there that I learned a lot of the basic techniques and can still smell the developer. I abandoned it until about 5 years ago. I have since gone after it full-heartedly. I spend a lot of time snapping life’s moments, whether they exhibit beauty, the world we live in, or just silliness. I use a Nikon DSLR and love iPhonography. I often use many apps to create one image.
- I am not going to even discuss my obsessiveness over typography and color. It really is on verge of ultimate nerdom. I will post the occasional font, I assure you.
My passion for occupational therapy is more than a career. It’s a life long journey. Occupation is about the human condition. How we occupy our time and our minds uniquely defines each of us. Our daily occupations are influenced by our culture, society, design, and now more than ever, technology.
Filtered Perception by Angie Boisselle is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.